Tuesday, January 18, 2011

An Epic Journey - The Long Awaited Epic!


Assalamu'alaikum Subscriber


Not so long ago I had my bags packed as I attempted to travel to you all and share with you lessons found in the Book of Allah Almighty in what was to be my historical debut course for AlKauthar...

History was made, but in an unexpected manner, as unfortunately or fortunately an ash cloud over the UK put a temporary hold to all proceedings, as my flight along with many others were cancelled.

The course that I was expected to meet you all at was called 'An Epic Journey - An In Depth Analysis of Surah Yusuf', which harbours the main lesson of explaining the importance of patience!

As I came to accept the fact that I will not be meeting you all, especially since you had all already booked your seats. I took console in the fact that our test was not as difficult as the test of those before us, and that maybe Allah Almighty was actually training ourselves to be patient before learning about the patience of those before as mentioned in the chapter. Ya'kub alayhi salam waited several years to be reunited with his son Yusuf alayhi salam and I could not help but wonder, 'would Allah grant us life to meet each other before the hereafter ?'.

Alhamdulillah after almost one year on, we have managed to re schedule the same course for the 5th & 6th of February in Manchester! And I write to you all from the bottom of my heart requesting you to give me another chance by booking your seat and allowing me the honour to stand in front of you, as you all kindly intended to do last April.

Inshallah the many lessons that can be taken away from such a course will not only be worthwhile but also allow me the opportunit to reconfirm my intention to go way beyond just the story of Yusuf as we discover many of the beautiful wisdoms and benefits that the Surah holds.

In addition, I have prepared over 100 pages of course notes for us to go over in one special weekend as we worship Allah Almighty together- so I humbly ask you all to take this opportunity and join me this February.


And for a visual introduction to the course, please see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtNe1qjpKvs

Worshipping Allah Almighty with you all during the February weekend will truly be EPIC for me, and I pray Allah Almighty gathers us in Jannah in the same way He gathers us during the course.

I love you all for the sake of Allah.

Wa alaykum salaam


Sajid Ahmed Umar
Director of Islamic Development
Mercy Mission World

An Epic Journey - The Long Awaited Epic!
An In Depth Analysis Of Surah Yusuf

by Sheikh Sajid Ahmed Umar
Manchester: Sat 5th - Sun 6th February 2011

1 comment: